Author Topic: Dynamic Brake Sound - two files?  (Read 1232 times)

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Dynamic Brake Sound - two files?
« on: December 25, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
Merry Christmas Group!

Yesterday while killing time, I finished up an install in a Bowser M636 using a Scale Sounds System Coeval speaker. These speakers are freaking awesome by the way... My previous standard speaker has been an iPhone4S speaker, or sugar-cubes (depending on the install), but I'm on the verge of changing my standard to the SSS Coeval speakers. They are that much better!

I set-up a button for Dynamic Brakes with the associated sound on the LM-3S loaded with the current updates and an ULT sound file. I did not load a new Dynamic sound file.

Now, I'm not sure if the difference in the sound is purely due to the Coeval speaker, but there is a small pause when I select Dynamics, and then it spools up, complete with a nice screaming noise. When I turn it off, it spools down to nothing. MUCH different than all my other units with Dynamics.

The normal Dynamic sound comes on almost instantly, and is more of a pulsating drone/whine. It sounds more like someone is turning up the volume and then turning it down when I turn it off. No spool up, or screaming.

Is there 2 Dynamic Brake sounds out there? How do I get the one that I found on my M636 install?
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Dynamic Brake Sound - two files?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
You're looking for "Dynamic Brake Dash 8", and not the old "Dynamic Brake".  The old one will suffice in some cases, especially if you are using a LM-2S and have limited space.  The newer one was recorded from a Dash 8 and is very nice indeed.  Much larger file as well.

-Kevin

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Re: Dynamic Brake Sound - two files?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 02:00:19 PM »
Thanks Kevin! I figured there were two files and that I somehow got a different one in the mix without realizing it. Now to update all my units!
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's