Author Topic: LM-3 update  (Read 1278 times)

akbykraz

• Fireman
  • Finally a Septuagenarian !
LM-3 update
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:31:02 PM »
Attempting 2 update LM-3 from 1.0 with the 2.07 update via RPA/software HC ...
Both RPA & HC r current (3.21 & 2.07) ... Update process appears 2 complete with
no errors but info button still shows LM-3 v1.0 ... Have re-installed RPA & HC
emulator with no change in results ... Am I missing something in the process ? ...
Thanks
Skip
USN, USCG, TSA, PGR
Retired & on the road

KPack

• Conductor
Re: LM-3 update
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »
Skip, be sure you are looking at the correct number.  When you pull up the information for the LM on the controller, there will be two numbers displayed.  One is hardware version and one is software version.  The software version is what you are interested in.  The hardware version should be 1.00 and will never change. 

LM-3 modules should have been shipped with a much more up-to-date software version than 1.00.  Depending on when the module was manufactured and shipped to a supplier the software version should be up in the 2.00's somewhere.

My guess is you are looking at the hardware version and not the software version.

-Kevin

akbykraz

• Fireman
  • Finally a Septuagenarian !
Re: LM-3 update
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »
Aahhhh ... sed the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw ! ... Thanks, Kevin ! ...
da light bulb came on when U sed the 1.0 was the hardware version ... Got confused bcawz
the LM-3 update had the same number (2.07) as the HC software version ... Drew the
conclusion (erroneously) that the display was showing the HC level instead of the
LM version ... Danke ! ... My Kato SD70MAC is running nicely on my table top
pulling my 4 car McKinley Explorer consist ... Next step is take it 2 out club
layout and check out the DCC option
USN, USCG, TSA, PGR
Retired & on the road