Author Topic: Can't find Pwr-56 on some of my HC2's  (Read 4634 times)

SWA737

• Engineer
Can't find Pwr-56 on some of my HC2's
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:10:01 PM »
 I have 4 HC-2's , 5 HC-2b's and 4 PWR-56 power supplies.  When I go to find products, I cannot get all of the power supplies loaded on all of my throttles. In fact, 1 of the Pwr supplies will not load on any HC's. I am standing right next to the power supplies when trying to "find them" but nothing.  Trying to set them up as repeaters but cannot unless they are found. My room size is 36X28 so probably don't really need repeaters since 99% of the time I don't loose the signal. Just wanted to set them up because it is an option. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Rob Cooper

BruceRogers

• Engineer
Re: Can't find Pwr-56 on some of my HC2's
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:27:59 PM »
This might be worth calling Ring about it.

SWA737

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 04:08:20 PM »
Ok thanks Bruce.

Rob

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
I don’t know if it matters for your problem, but did you gap the rails between the power supplies  as shown here:

[size=78%]https://www.ringengineering.com/RailPro/Documents/PWR-56UsersManual.pdf[/size]
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

SWA737

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 07:44:34 PM »
Yes I did

Coupe633

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 10:43:04 AM »
SWA737 I was searching for some answers on the HC-2B and found this thread and thought I might find the answer from you since you have several HC-2B's. You seem to have a similar set up as I am planning since I have a larger room to set up my empire. I am planning for 4 PWR-56's all scattered around my 39 x 59 space. I plan to purchase at least one more HC-2B and this brings me to my question. After programming my locomotives on my HC-2B how would I go about downloading all the information from my original H-2B to a second one? I would hate to have to program a second one from scratch. I will ultimately have about 60 locomotives and that many LM3(s) programmed into that bad boy.

David Cooper

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 10:53:27 AM »
To my knowledge, there is no way to copy files from one HC to another.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 12:19:37 AM »
Al is correct, you can't copy from one HC to another. That said you don't have to "program" the second HC like you did when you were setting up the LM's with the first HC, you'll simply detect and save each LM on the second HC and all button settings etc will be as they are on the first HC.

Now, as to the OP, I don't know how I missed this question nearly 4 years ago but the answer is: You can't have more than 4 PWR-56's saved into the HC. Better late than never I suppose.

- Tim

Gibs

• Engineer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2022, 11:36:08 AM »
Better Read it again Tim, he only has 4 x PWR-56. The problem he is having is that he cant get all of his HC's to detect them, which they should. He has 9 HC's, of different types, but that should not be an issue....but it is.
Ring Ring......
God Ive been waiting to say that  lol.
Cya Down The Line.

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2022, 08:53:31 AM »
Only 4 PWR per HC? Could be limiting for some people. A friend has 12 boosters on his large DCC layout, as he prefers a separate power source for each of his mainlines and branches.

Gibs

• Engineer
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 09:32:31 AM »
The limit of 4 is only when you're using them as repeaters. If you're just using them to provide power only to the track and have no need to "Talk" to them, then as many as you like.

However it should not matter how many HC's you have, they should all pick up the 4 Repeaters just like they would if they were 4 Loco's, but for SWA737 its not working like that and he's having issues on some of his HC's.

So once again, Ring ...Ring...... lol
Cya Down The Line.

Coupe633

• Fireman
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2022, 09:33:13 AM »
Tim, this does make sense that I would not need to go though the entire programing sequence for additional HC2's as all this information would be stored in the LM3(s) and the second HC2 would only need to detect the LM3(s). I would think this might also apply to the any photo Icon associated with that LM3(s) so this is not going to be as much work as i was hoping to avoid. I just love Railpro and can't wait to finish up my fleet conversion.

David