Author Topic: Railpro and Steam era Locomotion?  (Read 1402 times)

bobwallace56

• Brakeman
Railpro and Steam era Locomotion?
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:48:24 AM »
Hello Guys and Gals:
New member and signed on to get some information on rail pro sound support for Steam era Locomotion. I"ve sent a couple of requests for info to their site but have not received an answer. Not sure why, I hear their customer support is great. Not important. Just trying to figure out if this is a good match for me and my future empire,lol. Golden age of steam.
I love their tech.
Thanks everyone.
Bob, Salt Lake city to Denver via D&RGW

nortoneye

• Engineer
Re: Railpro and Steam era Locomotion?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:31:36 AM »
Welcome to the group.   I also model steam as well as diesel.  There are several steam whistle files to choose from, chuff sounds are limited to " steam heavy" and " steam light". There are also files for adding water and shoveling coal.   I am hopeful that more steam files will be added. Don't hesitate to call Ring and ask your questions, most likely you will talk to Tim Ring and he is good about answering questions. 

My reason for going with Railpro was ease of use. It's fun to easily consist locomotives by simply touching the photos on the controller and go and using the touch screen for accessories and sound.

What else am I missing guys?

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »
The biggest benefit, iMO, is not having to deal with CV's, programming tracks, JMRI and decoders that forget their programming. All the other benefits are icing on the cake.  ;)
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:26:54 PM »
Welcome Bob.  Steam sounds are limited at the moment.  I'd like to see more of them, but I believe Ring is putting his focus on the diesel side of things for the moment, since that's where a majority of users are.  The steam sounds aren't bad, but there definitely needs to be more.  And currently there is not support for a cam input for chuff rate.  The LM-3S has the capability but Ring has not yet designed the programming for it that I'm aware of.  To set the chuff rate requires a good amount of work with speed tables and such.  Not my favorite method but it works.

Like the others said, Railpro is all about ease of use.  That's what drew me to it in the first place.  I love using it and am happy with the recent updates.  I would like to see more sound releases soon, but Ring will get to them when he gets to them.

-Kevin