Author Topic: I need help!  (Read 2860 times)

Pequeajim

• Fireman
I need help!
« on: March 09, 2019, 05:28:39 PM »
I need help to finish my LM3s install.  I have a condition call Hydrocephalus which causes me to suffer from shakey hands.  I am looking for a regular connection with someone to do installs for me.  I guess I'm getting a little frustrated because of my physical handicap.  Can you guys point me in the right direction with this?

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: I need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »
I can empathize with you. While I do not have a medical condition as you, age has caused my hands to be very shaky. It is frustrating doing fine work. Must always have my hands firmly resting on a heavy object to get any small work done.

Hopefully one of the forum members can help you. The problem for most people, including me, is lack of time. Shucks, I can't seem to find any real time to spend on my layout and I have quite a queue of my own RP installs.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »
Yes, age brings on the shakes. Makes it difficult at times to work in small spaces. I am amazed at those who can take apart and work on N scale locomotives.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »
Any DCC installer should be able to help you. Assuming they don't have a railpro HC for testing, you can send them a CI-1 to use for testing and programming. Easy peasy.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 06:52:17 PM »
I've done it in the past for other users, but I'm tapped out right now.  There is just no way that I can fit it into my schedule.  Like Bill said any DCC installer should be able to do it.  It is the same process to install a LM-3S as it is to install a DCC decoder.

-Kevin

jimw

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:48:25 PM »

I believe https://www.traintekllc.com will be able to install RailPro products.  They are a RailPro dealer as well, and I've found their pricing to be competitive.  It's been awhile, but I had a phone discussion with one of the technicians (Gary, I think) who was very helpful.  Fortunately, I did manage to complete my space-challenged installation, but I would use their services without hesitation. 

Good luck!

JimW

Carter

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »
I am more than happy to help. I have completed many railpro installs and have sold completed installs on EBay without the module.

Have installed Diesel and steam, even installed module in the tender with head light and back-up lights.

Send a message private and I will send you my phone. Carter.

I posted several pictures on here also.