Author Topic: Duplication And Splinter Groups  (Read 108 times)

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
    • View Profile
Duplication And Splinter Groups
« on: April 18, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
I was really afraid of this when the RailPro User Facebook page was created and it looks like my concerns have come to fruition. Someone on FB was taking 'map user' info and posting it somewhere but it wasn't to the same map that I've been managing here. Their link redirects to an HO modeling map and doesn't even show RP users. So, at a minimum we have two different RP User maps and they don't have the same data. I'm also concerned about the splintering as it appears we now have two different camps for an already small user group. I don't think this will serve us well.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society
trmhs.org

CPRail

• Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Duplication And Splinter Groups
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 02:50:23 PM »
I didn't even know there was a RP Facebook group, probably because I'm not on Facebook!

Hopefully RPUG will remain THE place to go for RP questions as there is a TON of knowledge here.
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's
Rabid Winnipeg Jets Fan - Go Jets Go!!

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
I didn't even know there was a RP Facebook group, probably because I'm not on Facebook!

Hopefully RPUG will remain THE place to go for RP questions as there is a TON of knowledge here.

I'm afraid it isn't. Just witness the two different user maps with two different databases. I'm trying to contact the owner of the second map. Not that he doesn't have a right to do such but I think we should really keep our efforts in one arena.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society
trmhs.org

emd_16645

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Somerset Junction, 1980
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 03:49:42 PM »
I'm a member of both groups.  I can't I contribute much to either, however, the facebook group is a lot more convienent for me.  Coming to the forum is a special trip so to say, and i dont check in that often, the FB group i can keep up with when scrolling through everything else.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating the FB over here, and I wholeheartedly agree that both the forum and the FB page should try to work together in support of RP.
Chris Bellows
Somerset Junction, 1980
somersetjunction.blogspot.com