Author Topic: Finally did it.  (Read 12826 times)

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Finally did it.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 05:48:19 PM »
Just had a thought, I wonder if the multiple times that the system shut down in the beginning somehow erased the stats from the start up test.
It's doubtful that the shut down erased the motor full current stats, but you can reset the full load current at any time to make sure.

It doesn't matter if you use 12 or 16 gauge for the bus wire but use the smallest wire possible for the feeds. I use 22 which carries the load and is easy to solder and easier to hide.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

hirailer

• Engineer
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »
Buss wire should be open ended, not a continuous loop.

Cheers,
Mel
Having more fun with RailPro

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 08:09:06 AM »
I don't know how much weight a rubber protector would add, probably negligible but it certainly would increase the size! It's been a while since I had the HC-2 open but it might also be possible to add an adjustable wrist strap, similar to the ones controllers for some gaming consoles come with. Any such modifications would most likely void the warranty though.

- Tim

I have a rubberized "otter box" protector for my cell phone that has proved it's worth many times over. Maybe in the future such a rubberized protector for the HC-2 might become available. It would certainly add more weight to the controller which might be a detriment. 

Cheers
Mel

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 08:13:04 AM »
Buss wire should be open ended, not a continuous loop.

Only if a DCC installation is planned in the future. If steady state DC for RailPro is all that will ever be on the power bus then the bus can be open ended or in a loop. Power loops cause problems with buses that carry signals. RailPro power bus carries no signals. My power bus is a loop.

http://www.lkorailroad.com/powering-the-lko-part-ii/
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro