Author Topic: RAILPRO LOCOMOTIVE PICTURES  (Read 1760 times)

Tom

• Engineer
RAILPRO LOCOMOTIVE PICTURES
« on: August 24, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong to cause locomotive pictures in HC-2 to appear as on two of the attached – the third one is fine?  The middle 90% of the picture is moved down slightly to cover up the description and the top 90% portion is missing.  All the picture are 480x180x24 BMP files, HC-2 would not take them if they were not.

*HC-2 Pictures.pdf

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: RAILPRO LOCOMOTIVE PICTURES
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »
You have no clear space around the locomotive images. The locomotives in your images take up the whole 480 x 180px when they should take up less space in the image.

As you can see from the pic's you posted, 480px wide goes from the inner edges of the setup and info round buttons, and the 180px height goes from the bottom of the speed indicator to the top of the control buttons.

What your HC is doing in all the pic's is creating a white background for the load indicator and also a white background to write the loco number text on, you just don't see it on the third pic as the image has enough white space around the loco that the load indicator and number backgrounds are just white over white.

I don't recall the actual measurements I did for this and I'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard so I'm not going to look for them now but you first need to make the locomotive pictures slightly smaller, like GP in the third pic, and then increase the canvas size of the image to get it up to 480 x 180 (like putting a big white border around it).

It's easy when you know how but I can't concentrate enough to create any visuals to explain it right now  :(

- Tim

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 10:33:12 AM »
The third picture is likely no different than the first two except it is on a white background so you don't notice that it too extends under the loco number and under the reserved space above it (appears as odd cropping on 1st and 2nd picture).

Start with a 480x180 white palette and then place your loco picture onto that. Resize the loco so you have a white border around it. Check this thread: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,231.msg1367/topicseen.html#msg1367
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

Tom

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »
OK, so I have subsequently found out that the picture pasted into the white palette can be up to 480 pixels wide and can be up to 110 pixels high with white space of 30 pixels above (for load icons) and 40 pixels below (for description) the picture.  It is not easy to get exact with Paint, but have gotten there by trial & error.