Author Topic: Logging in  (Read 147 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Logging in
« on: October 12, 2019, 05:19:01 PM »
I would like to know why this has been a new sign in thing that I never had before?  I have to log here on RailPro twice using the very same information both times?  This problem has never happened now or ever on any of the various websites that I visit.  Strange things happen but this is a mystery to me.  The old fardt in Yuma

Alan

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Logging in
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 06:06:22 PM »
Log in twice on one attempt i.e supply username and password twice to get logged in?

Or login and then shortly thereafter forced to log in again? If this, check the drop down selection next to credentials fields. Make sure it isn't set to 1 hour.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

darryl.trains

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 07:15:19 PM »
Alan.  I log in and it starts over with log in after rejecting my info.  I use the same info both times but the first time it just don't like my info?   Not a big problem as I can live with it.  TOF

Alan

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »
That is odd. Maybe Bill will chime in.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

darryl.trains

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 10:26:13 PM »
Yup.  Strange but thankfully not critical.   

Heads up on eBay, RailPro LM-3 with sound in a Dismal listed at $300 plus too much for the ride but you have a desire to spend? This might be for you?

TOF

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 06:48:53 AM »
Darryl,

I'm not able to replicate the problem, using either of the login forms on this website.
We did have some server outage problems in the last few days. (power has been out for the better part of 3 days in Manitoba due to an unseasonably early blizzard)

I suspect you have a corrupt login cookie. Clear the cookies and cache on your browser and try again.

If the problem persists after resetting your cache and cookies:
- do you have the same problem if you use a different browser?
- what browser are you using?
- reboot your computer and router (let them sit off for 5 minutes)
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Alan

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 06:57:12 AM »
We did have some server outage problems in the last few days. (power has been out for the better part of 3 days in Manitoba due to an unseasonably early blizzard)

We also had that problem occasionally. Fixed it once and for all. With you operating a business it may be of even greater value.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 07:13:21 AM »
Just to give you an idea, our servers are housed in an office the National Research Council Building in downtown Winnipeg. The servers are a circuit with TWO backup 30KW diesel generators available. It's not supposed to be able to go down. Unfortunately the UPS that our server is attached to went glitchy. All fixed now :)
Too bad too; Broke our up-time streak of 488 days with no disruptions.

Our servers are not that important, but they are on the shelf beside some that are. ;)

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Alan

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 07:49:11 AM »
Your mention of UPS reminded me of something you should check on yours.

If your UPS is like mine, it engages on both under-voltage and over-voltage situations. I didn't give over-voltage much thought when I installed it and so left it at the default setting of 121v. Never thought the power company would have an over-voltage situation. I was wrong.

Last winter power went off. The UPS covered the 8 second delay until the generator came online. All was well. When the power was restored the generator shut down as expected. What I did not notice was the line voltage from the power company was now floating between 120 and 125 volts. I didn't realize it at the time that the UPS was still kicking in and out because of the over-voltage situation. Several minutes later all the hardware abruptly shutdown. The UPS batteries were exhausted. It took over an hour before the power company line voltage settled back down to its normal 119-120v.

I have since set the over-voltage to 125v on the UPS.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 07:55:41 AM »
Our Co-lo manages these things for us. The UPS our server is attached to did fail and has been replaced. Over Voltage is indeed a concern. Cheers!

darryl.trains

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 01:10:49 AM »
That username does not exist.
Username:

Still having to log in twice but I'm getting used to it now so we will just let it go for now.

darryl.trains in Arid-Zona.  8)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:16:00 AM by darryl.trains »

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 05:49:00 AM »
Assuming you are using your home computer, set the login time to "forever" and you won;t have to login again for a very long time ;) (until the cookie get removed.)