Author Topic: lighting adjustment  (Read 2380 times)

nortoneye

• Engineer
lighting adjustment
« on: November 07, 2019, 07:27:04 PM »
wondering about adjusting headlight brightness---can you use the brightness adjustment in the button set up menu?   if I dial that down, it does not save - goes back to 100%  maybe does not work with led?  need a bigger resistor if this is not an option, just wondering...

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: lighting adjustment
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:41:55 PM »
It should work, and I'm confident that I remember playing around with light brightness before. You are saving the LM settings in the LM setup screen after you do the adjustment and before you remove power to from the LM?

LM's use a method of current limiting themselves (in addition to the external resistor) to set the brightness.

- Tim

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 08:46:59 PM »
I'm having the same issue -- updated the LM2S, but when I tried to adjust the headlight brightness and return to the button setup page, the indicator returns to full brightness, so only saves at full brightness. This occurred no matter what brightness I tried to set it at. Also, I lost the existing dimmed setting when I attempted to adjust.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 10:27:54 PM »
You have both have updated your HC's to the latest firmware? and Nortoneye you've updated your LM to the latest firmware as well? You are both using revision 2 light effects?

Because it had been so long since I did this I dug my RP gear out (room is now a huge mess) and re tested. I had no trouble reducing the output brightness using the button setup and having it stay reduced. Used both HC Sim and HC-2b.

Also, I lost the existing dimmed setting when I attempted to adjust.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you explain more?

- Tim

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 01:42:26 AM »
I'll check updates tomorrow and retry, I don't see my "dim" function anymore either

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 11:25:52 AM »
So...LM updated, HCb updated, but still can't save adjusted dim function.

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 01:29:41 PM »
do you have the "on-off 1 sec Rev2" light function loaded?  TR said that is needed for the dim function to work properly

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 03:35:03 PM »
To conclude: Updated the LM and light functions, all's good now. Thanks to all who chimed in.

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 11:27:12 AM »
 :)