Author Topic: download issue  (Read 4121 times)

nortoneye

• Engineer
Re: download issue
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »
Tim.

when I pushed "download", the file to be downloaded did not change at all-the percentage did not roll up as expected-prompt said "waiting for internet connection" until it timed out and stated "could not connect"

kinda out of ideas...

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 07:50:23 AM »
I'm kinda dropping the ball at the moment  :-[  Gotta stop replying in the early am! What I meant was not the download list but the buttons to list the download categories. When the command to download is received by RPA those buttons disappear and are replaced by a grey message stating "Handheld controller loading now" which you would have seen when using HC Sim. I'm guessing that that never happened when trying to download with the HC-2.

I still have a few ideas but need to test the test tools myself first, which won't happen until at least Thursday. In the meantime all you can do (besides sending it to TR for examination) is try any other cables you have or can borrow, or try unplugging and plugging the cable in when it happens. Getting the Can Not Connect message was once common amongst us older HC-2 users and doing that usually eventually established a working download.

- Tim

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 01:42:08 PM »
Tim,

with the initial try I get "cannot connect" with repeated tries I do have the "HC loading now" message then l get "timeout waiting for file size" (this is the most common one) and "cannot find file from RE SW 1021"  TR looked at his server and could see I was connected and he made sure all the correct update files were loaded on his server.  Not sure this helps or not

jim

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 06:59:05 AM »
This is an interesting development (never seen the can not find file message before). I'll have to dig out my HC-2 on Thursday and see if I get any errors when trying to download files.

If you haven't sent the HC-2 back yet this test might be worth running as a data point (to see if it works).

- Reload RPA 4.01.

- Using HC Sim and RPA 4.01 download some pictures, small sounds etc.

- Try loading the now stored in RPA files (buttons under Select here to load files from this computer to handheld controller) to the HC-2.

What you described in your last post very much sounds like a network issue, though it still could be anything at this stage of the investigation.

- Tim

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »
Tim,

The CI-1 is in the mail so I can try just that.  Should have it later this week and will try prior to sending the HC-2 back to RE

jim

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 05:11:02 PM »
OK,

Cl-1 is here.  Can use simulator to download program and effects files to LMs in locos.  The HC-2 then can be used to update buttons and change lighting etc, it sees the updates on the LMs just fine.  I guess this would work to update files, etc but does not explain the initial problem.  I may send HC-2 in for testing to RE, but since this system works fine and loads more quickly, not sure I need to.

Jim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 05:57:24 PM »
You'll want the latest HC software update on your HC - if you cannot load it to the HC you should send it in.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 08:28:28 PM »
What Bill said, you'll want to be able to update the HC to newer software when released so I'd send it in or if you want we can try more troubleshooting first (or if you send it in and he find's nothing wrong we can try more troubleshooting when you get it back).

- Tim

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 06:39:03 AM »
The HC-2 will be in the mail to RE, will see what happens...