Author Topic: Kato DCC ready and LM-3S  (Read 2239 times)

KiloWhiskey

• Engineer
  • Kevin W.
Kato DCC ready and LM-3S
« on: January 14, 2020, 05:40:54 PM »
Will the LM-3s fit in the current generation of Kato DCC ready locomotives using the appropriate adapter, or are there any to avoid?

Thanks
Kevin
Kevin

In my defense, I was left unsupervised....

Orlando

• Fireman
Re: Kato DCC ready and LM-3S
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:25:45 PM »
Will the LM-3s fit in the current generation of Kato DCC ready locomotives using the appropriate adapter, or are there any to avoid?
You should have no problems fitting a LM3-S in a Kato. Make sure you do some research and find the right speakers that you can fit in there. I wish I can help with the install, but I have never owned a kato model. I'm confident that there's plenty of modelers here that are willing to give advice on the how to go about the install.

Cheers
Orlando

Thanks
Kevin

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 11:58:10 PM »

Thanks
Kevin

I believe that most Kato locomotives have quite a bit of space inside.  A 9 pin adapter should really be all you need.  It's been a while but I don't remember Kato having huge weights in there.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 06:54:47 AM »
Most of my fleet is currently KATO units and they all have ample space for an LM, iPhone 4S speaker, and a Keep Alive. a 9 pin adapter is an easy way to get going on these units. They are great runners too!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KiloWhiskey

• Engineer
  • Kevin W.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 10:52:20 AM »
Thanks Bill

Do you run the GP35s and/ or the SD40-2s?
Kevin

In my defense, I was left unsupervised....

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 11:24:33 AM »
I have Kato SD40-2's, and AC4400's with LM-3S's in them.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.