Author Topic: Leslie RS-3L?  (Read 2364 times)

KPack

• Conductor
Leslie RS-3L?
« on: March 20, 2020, 07:10:53 PM »
Does anyone have a good recording of a Leslie RS-3L to send to Ring?  I love the new ULT horn sounds, but the RS-3L is sadly missing.  I have several locomotives that need it. 

I got a good recording today of a Nathan P5, but we already have a good file for that. 

I'm hoping that Ring will release some new sounds for us soon.  I'm mostly home for the next 8 weeks and am using the time to work on projects, including probably starting a new locomotive.

-Kevin

KiloWhiskey

• Engineer
  • Kevin W.
Re: Leslie RS-3L?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 12:25:38 AM »
Since we're at it, does anyone have any radio chatter files?

Thanks
 Kevin
Kevin

In my defense, I was left unsupervised....

faithie999

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:34:56 AM »
or a Hancock 4700 air whistle for us New Haven fans?

Ken

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 08:09:23 AM »
You might have to YouTube it Kevin, and why not, that's what Athearn/SoundTraxx did for the 265H prime mover sound in their new SD90...

You might get some good audio from this one, from about 2:58 in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu6Ahhr6cPM

- Tim

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 09:56:39 AM »
You might have to YouTube it Kevin, and why not, that's what Athearn/SoundTraxx did for the 265H prime mover sound in their new SD90...

You might get some good audio from this one, from about 2:58 in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu6Ahhr6cPM

- Tim
Yeah, I've looked at the YouTube sounds, but it would be best if it was a file that Ring could make into ULT and distribute.  I can make my own horn files however they sound nowhere near as nice as the ULT files.  Pulling the sound from YouTube is fine for personal use, but opens up a can of legal worms when distributing. 

I'm hoping someone can make a nice recording of a RS-3L just by railfanning.  I might be able to get one over the next few weeks, but it all depends on what locomotive is leading.

-Kevin

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 01:55:55 PM »
 I found a site called dieselairhorns.com that has both the Leslie RS-3L and the Hancock 4700 air whistle you fellows are looking for. I searched for copyrights but did not find such. They can be contacted to ask about copyrights, etc.
 Hope this helps.
Cecil
Cecil
ATSF

BruceRogers

• Engineer
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 06:11:47 PM »
I know this won't help but I did send Tim a better K5LA we did off a CSX unit. I tried getting in touch with Leslie Controls but they would never call me back to see if we could use their sound files.
I recently did a K3 to send to him as well. We may have a contact with a person who owns numerous horns that we could record to fill out the Leslie files. Getting everyone with the same time off and no conflicts proves difficult at times. But I'll keep trying for us RailPro users.