Author Topic: Trouble with loaded pictures.  (Read 2900 times)

Dean

• Conductor
Trouble with loaded pictures.
« on: June 09, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »
I installed a locomotive picture in the HM-2. It works great except it is so large that the name is actually on the picture.
Is there any way to make the picture smaller?

Thanks
Dean

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Trouble with loaded pictures.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:09:22 AM »
Here is a thread with some instructions for resizing pictures:
http://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php?topic=194.msg1052;topicseen#msg1052
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 10:14:06 AM »
Is the picture one you downloaded from Ring Engineering? if yes then the answer is no, you cannot resize it and disregard the below.

If the picture is one you took yourself and you used the RailPro assistant software to make the picture for the LM then yes you can, but not directly.  Look at the thread link Bill posted. It would take some trial an error to work out the right size the locomotive has to be so as the name would not be over the locomotive picture.

- Tim

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 10:23:14 AM »
When you create your own picture you can make the locomotive smaller within the 480x180 pixel canvas.  Using Photoshop, GIMP, or a similar program you can play with the size of the locomotive within the boundaries of overall picture.  If the locomotive is too large then the label will cover part of it on the controller. 

Someone on here had figured out exactly how big to make the locomotive in order to avoid this issue.

For myself, it doesn't bother me.  If it covers part of the locomotive picture I just leave it. 

-Kevin

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »
Thanks!
I used Paint to resize my picture to 480x180 but it looks I need to crop the picture closer to the locomotive.
I'll give it a try.
Dean