Author Topic: Re: CI-1 Now Available  (Read 7689 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Re: CI-1 Now Available
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 12:06:43 AM »
  I have read a few different websites that give the breakdown of Windows vs Apple and they are close to Apple being 9% . My iMac 27 was assembled in 2010 and has 12 gigs of memory and came with 2T hard drive. It has the latest software, Sierra. Never a problem in all that time and the same with the previous Apples. I believe the fact that people up grade their computers more often with PCs and that might distort the picture somewhat?

So I chatted with a computer guy I know that used to work for Wells Fargo Bank about how much time and effort it would take to make a product Apple friendly. He said depending on what the program entails, might be fairly simple if there was not too much data. Since I can not access Ring's information, PC Windows, I could not get a better answer for him as to what is there on the website for downloads.  He said if it was not too much effort, it just might be worth it in the long run.

Of course it is not my business but owned a couple of them and did really well for the most part. That's another story, some other time.

I can get by with what I have now and enjoy it just not able use it to the max.

Definitely not putting Windows 10 or any other versions on my computers. I also thought about Parallels but they seem to need upgrading every few years to work properly especially when Apple does a free upgrade of the Operating System.

Of course the choices are yours.

I suppose this is like whipping a dead horse so I'll go play with my railroad.

Take care folks, Darryl

Dean

• Conductor
Re: CI-1 Now Available
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 10:01:53 PM »
I have been using VMWare virtual operating system software for years. I am using it now on my Linux box to run Windows 7 to be able run some Windows programs.
VMWare has been around for a long time and is considered the defacto standard in virtualizing software. There is a free version for Macs. Give it a try.   http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion.html
Dean