Author Topic: Death By Beta  (Read 2368 times)

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
Death By Beta
« on: August 27, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »
Any word yet on when the rest of us will be in the know? The suspense is brutal.

Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Death By Beta
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:24:27 PM »
There are still some bugs to work out, but we seem to have reached stable LM-3S and HC revisions as well as RPA.  I don't think it will be long now, but I couldn't tell you exactly how much.  I can't talk about specifics of what's in the update but I'm sure you'll be pleased.  It is quite an extensive list.  We haven't seen much from Tim over the last several months because he has been working diligently on this.  It is all new code, lots of sound editing, programming, etc.  Lots to do.  This will be a big step forward for Railpro.

-Kevin

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
Thanks Kevin. Should one wait on buying new LM-3 modules or is this all software changes?
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
No need to wait. There are no hardware changes in the pipe right now, the new updates will apply to HC2's and LM-3's without issue. Not sure about older LM's or HC's currently - too soon to tell.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 12:06:55 AM »
Hopefully September brings the long waited news, finger crossed just in case.  8)

"August-July 2017
Working on very exciting longer development RailPro projects to be released soon!!! "

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »
Hopefully September brings the long waited news, finger crossed just in case.  8)

I don't want to burst bubbles but I always take "soon" from RE with a grain of salt given the previous history of the time between announcement and the product arriving from RE. From what I know one of the upgrades has been in beta for over a year.

I really feel for you guys that are completely in the dark. While I know what one of the upgrades is even though I'm not a beta tester (nobody told me, my research discovered the secret) I don't know all of them and I have no way of discovering what else is new. It drives me crazy.

I'd really love to "leak" what I know but I'd like to be a beta tester one day and I don't want to jinx it.  Not a dilemma I'm enjoying!

- Tim

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
Indeed, it can Ring a while to get new things out.  But rest assured Ring is hard at work right now.  Since the new beta program has been released there has been a constant stream of new beta programs to test on most of the hardware (RPA, HC-Sim, HC-2, HC-2b, LM-3S).  Each beta is addressing bugs and glitches from the first major release.

Bottom line is the testing is moving along quickly and it seems we are nearly done working through the issues we've found.  Hopefully release is soon.  I'm excited to see it all in the open.

-Kevin