Author Topic: Introduce Yourself...  (Read 77742 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Introduce Yourself...
« on: November 24, 2017, 07:22:06 PM »
Welcome to the RailPro User Group,

This forum is a home for users of Ring Engineering's RailPro Control System to discuss RailPro related features and support their fellow users. Feel free to post your Questions, Answers, and Ideas!

We're glad you're here!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the group. We don't need to know your life history, but please tell us little about yourself, your modelling, and what brought you here.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:00:59 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

atsfguy

• Conductor
Re: Introduce Yourself...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
 My name is Cecil Collum, retired U.S. Army officer, and I am currently modelling in N Scale. I plan to begin a new HO layout within a year and am very interested in power on board. Not real enthused over dcc, too many wiring rules.
  Railpro seems to be the system I need after spending the last month researching the available systems. I also like Ring’s use of 2.4 ghz. I also use 2.4 ghz on my rc aircraft and lipo batteries are no stranger, so dead rail should work fine for my new layout.
  I have not purchased a system yet, don’t want to haul it on my 900 mile relocstion.
Cecil
ATSF

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »

Welcome Cecil, and thank you for your service.

Most of us share your lack of enthusiasm for DCC. As you know, RailPro is not yet available for N scale, but I'm sure you will enjoy it when you get our HO layout going. Good luck with your move.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

oldline1

• Brakeman
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
My name is Roger Huber. I have been modeling since about 1955. I've used and enjoyed Dynatrol and changed over to Digitraxx with opposing feelings. I want to learn more about using RP.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »
Welcome Roger,

Dive right on in and read, plenty of good information here to browse through. When your ready ask any questions.

- Tim

crzytrnbuf

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 04:14:25 PM »
Hello I have been HO Modeler since 1976 I model several Railroads My favs are CN,CP I am Retired from General Motors in Lockport N.Y.USA my name is Dennis M.Patrick McLaughlin my user name is crzytrnbuf  I have a Facebook page in my name above and I have 5 groups I admin on HO Model Railroading friend me on Facebook if you are interested and you will see pics and Videos of our CNRS Home layout.
Thank you Bill Brillinger for the invite looking fwd to using our Rail Pro we got for Christmas.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
Welcome to the group Dennis.

RailPro for Christmas. What a nice gift  :)

- Tim

DavidD_OKC

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 11:29:37 AM »
Thank you for adding me to the group. My name is David Dickerson and I'm another retired Army officer. I'm currently in grad school at the University of Oklahoma pursuing a couple of degrees...glutton for punishment I guess.

I've dabbled with HO modeling off and on over the years and bought the RailPro system nearly three years ago. I never even put batteries into the controller and subsequently sold nearly all the model RR collection I had accumulated because of..... life and things.

However, I recently decided to try it again. There is a club near my home that will give me a place to actually run trains while I wait for the day I finally build some sort of layout at home. I model the former Delaware & Hudson line in the New York Capitol region with CP, NS, Pan Am, Amtrak, and Saratoga & North Creek all being modeled.

I chose RailPro mainly for the GUI and simplicity of operation. I'm amazed it hasn't caught on within the model RR community because it seems far advanced over the older DCC systems. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do and learning how to take advantage of its capabilities.

- David
40 year novice modeler

Primary Interest: CP, NS, & Amtrak on the former D&H north of Albany, NY

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 11:43:09 AM »
Welcome David. This is the place for RailPro information.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:51:07 AM by nodcc4me »
Al

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »
David:

Welcome to the RPUG and to RailPro! I was a 67U in a previous life with the 149th AVN REGT down south of you in Lexington.

It's good that you found a club to run on in OKC. I know there are some Free-mo guys in the area as we routinely set up with them and some Kansas and Missouri guys as well. And it is baffling as why more aren't ditching DCC in favor of RP but it is gradually catching on.

Thanks for your service and welcome again.

Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

BNZ

• Brakeman
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 11:47:05 AM »
Hello Guys! (and Gals?)

Joined the group here, because I'm just starting out fulfilling long-time dream of building a G-scale railroad (both indoor and outdoor).  I played around with HO as a kid, but got interested in other things.  Now that I'm much older and have spent more than a few hours around the real thing, I'm acquiring rolling stock and track to start "playing" again.  I opted for G-scale for the detail and realism, certainly not because it's affordable;)

It seems to me like the Railpro system is far more simplistic (in operation) than others, and much more flexible.  Though I'm rather concerned about the cost for G-scale...  I've already acquired three LGB F7A (and two B) units.  But, as they say, "if you wanna play, you gotta pay".

Please humor me as I stumble through this!  I'm fairly tech-savvy (CNC machinist, with my own state-of-the-art equipment and very proficient with PC's), and love to tinker.

Thanks for allowing me aboard!

~Brian

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 11:55:06 AM »
Welcome Brian. We will be interested to see how RailPro works in G scale.
Al

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
Welcome Brian!  You came at just the right time, now that Ring just barely released the new O and G scale locomotive module, the LM-3S-G.

-Kevin

Ken Z

• Fireman
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
While I have been around about a month, I never did an introduction.  I am also retired Army, Field Artillery and I model in S Scale.  I have a large layout that is evolving to reflect my interest in operations in an urban and industrial area.  I have a number of DCC locomotives, my first priority is to change out the engines that will work my industrial areas to RailPro.  I have two switchers "working" on the layout now and one more install to do.  I live in Plymouth, Minnesota, active with the NMRA Division and chair the local RPM meet we hold every year.  I would really enjoy having a RailPro "expert" attend the RPM event April 6-7..... We have a second S Scale layout in town coming on line with RailPro soon.  I would like to have Railroad logos available as pictures I can use on the handheld.

Ken Z.
Ken Zieska

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 04:50:21 PM »
Hi Ken,

I would like to have Railroad logos available as pictures I can use on the handheld.

I use railroad logos for the images on my HC's. I can help you make them, feel free to contact me to help you set them up.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:02:00 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.