Author Topic: steam chuf sounds  (Read 2539 times)

nortoneye

• Engineer
steam chuf sounds
« on: February 03, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »
Good Morning,

Did I see something about how to set steam chuf sounds properly??  Anybody have a good process for that?  Changing chuf rate does not seem to work well.

Jim

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
Re: steam chuf sounds
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:26:45 PM »
I hope to have this issue soon but I don't have the answer.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 10:45:05 PM »
The information I have is contained in this thread: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,563.msg4317.html#msg4317

I haven't tried it yet myself, but hope to soon as I will be installing Railpro in a friend's brass steamers.  It sounds like you'll need to set the speed table for the locomotive according to actual scale speeds, then set the chuff rate to one of the speeds. 

-Kevin

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 08:42:01 AM »
I have no way to accurately set the speed tables, but I have tried many times to set the chuff rate in the settings. So far, I have had zero results keeping the 4:1 rate over various speeds. Kevin, please let us know if using the speed tables has any effect on accurately setting the chuff rate.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

MtRR75

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:10 PM »
Pardon my delay in answering this thread.  I spent the most of my recent train time trying to understand how the RailPro speed table could help with the chuff rate adjustment.  I think have finally figured it out.

I have set up the Speed Table for one of my locomotives.  Now the synchronization of the chuff sounds to the driver revolutions is MUCH BETTER.  However, it is still not perfect, especially in the slowest speeds.  This might be due in part to the fact that my loco is an older one with a lot of inertia.  (It does have a new motor in it.)

I don’t have time right now to set up my other locomotives.  I have spelled out what I learned so far and how I set up the Speed Table in a PDF file that I posted in the RailPro Users Guides section.

https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,634.0.html