Author Topic: What's Neat This Week  (Read 5847 times)

CampbellRice

• Fireman
What's Neat This Week
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »
Everyone might want to check out What's Neat This Week as your truly made an appearance and brief introduction on RailPro. Ken Patterson is still trying to get Tim Ring down to do a more in-depth discussion on the system for the monthly show.
I didn't really get to say much as I only had a couple of minutes to talk but at least it's getting the word out and maybe opening more minds about RailPro.

Campbell

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: What's Neat This Week
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 12:31:35 PM »
Looking forward to it Campbell!

For anyone not familiar with the What's neat video podcast, I will post a link to it here when it goes live.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 06:06:00 AM »
Here is the video:

Short but sweet.

Did you get to record anything for the main show?

What were Ken's impressions seeing RP in action?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:22:36 AM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 06:48:19 AM »
Well done Campbell.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 07:43:58 AM »
Yes well done Campbell, and a good plug for the group too

What were Ken's impressions seeing RP in action?

Not just Ken, what did the others think as well?

I really hope that Ken can get TR in for the monthly show.

- Tim

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 11:00:26 AM »
Good job Campbell.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim declined to appear on the show.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »
good job! :) would be great to have time to demo MUs for the show along with lighting and sound files along with DCC function    Not sure why someone from Ring wouldn't want to promo on the show

jim

CampbellRice

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 06:18:52 PM »
Everyone was impressed with the product, I didn't hear any negative feedback. Ken and the entire crew are some really nice guys. It was fun watching it all go down and I may make some future appearances.

Ken did call Tim Ring and asked him to come down to do a more in-depth showing on his monthly Whats Neat show and Tim said he would but Ken has never heard anything back from Tim. It would be some great publicity for RailPro. I didn't want to go too deep into the system because I want Tim to do that and I only had 90 seconds to basically say what I wanted.

Today I have got 5 request to join the Railpro Facebook page so maybe we have sparked some interest. After the show we did run my locos on his layout as seen in the closing credits, one was a Scale Trains, Kato and Rapido showing the compatibility between all the different brands. We also ran my engines with his Digitrax system. He has a really nice layout.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 04:25:14 PM »
Nice work Campbell!
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

PerezBill

• Fireman
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 02:55:28 PM »
I saw it! That was you there on the right side next to Daniel. Very nice.  :) When you guys were done filming the pod cast I assume you ran an engine on his layout with it. How did he like it? I have wanted him to do a piece on railpro for quite some time. I feel he would do the system justice by creating a very well presented video. Thank you for being on his show to help get the word out.

Bill

crzytrnbuf

• Fireman
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »

Campbell
 nice job! Think the word is getting out there,I visit the Group many times daily AM and PM and always look to see who is online I have been noticing there are always several guests online when I visit,that is great to see,thanks to all you in the group.
 I also tell every one about Rail Pro every chance I get.

Dennis M.McLaughlin  Crzytrnbuf  Sanborn,N.Y. USA 

PerezBill

• Fireman
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 08:49:59 AM »
Tim does need to get on this show. There have been a couple of model railroad product manufacturers on Ken Patterson's shows in the past and from what I have been told the exposure on his show gets more sales for them. Besides I think we would all love to see Tim doing his thing with RP on the show. It would be very neat to watch and enjoyable. I hope he does it soon and when he does I'll be waiting to watch the final product on YouTube.

CampbellRice

• Fireman
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 08:08:22 PM »
I did email Tim after the Podcast and encouraged him to try and make the show. He said he wants to but he is very busy at the moment. I am Facebook frinds with the guys on the show so they were nice enough to let me come in and do a segment. Let's all hope that Tim can make it down soon.