Author Topic: Help on AMS Goose with Phoenix 97  (Read 5508 times)

mickey

• Fireman
Help on AMS Goose with Phoenix 97
« on: July 07, 2024, 01:14:29 PM »
Looking for help on setting up the Accucraft Goose with the Phoenix 97 sound card and RailPro. Yes I know Ring has some sound but they pale in comparison to Phoenix. I have the LM 4-G hooked up and it runs fine. My question is hooking up the Phoenix.  I have battery going to the LM and of course motor too.  At first I hooked the Phoenix track in to the motor 2 out if the LM. It works of course, but sounds are off and the battery for the Phoenix doesn’t charge except when wheel moving and sound is erratic with speed dial. My thought is that I should hook battery to both the LM and Phoenix, but then the sound is always going at full speed since it gets the full 14 volts.  Since there is no chuff circuit how do I tell speed to the sound card?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 01:21:04 PM by mickey »

gregeusa

• Engineer
    • Greg's web site
Re: Help on AMS Goose with Phoenix 97
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2024, 01:58:30 PM »
Do you have the model 97 manual?

There are jumpers that can set "autochuff"... that is one of your answers..

The battery leads are for the backup battery.... not to power the system

I think the issue is that the track leads set the speed by dc voltage level, and the output from the RP module is not varying DC level, but PWM, which the Phoenix will interpret as full speed.

There were adapter boards to "convert" pwm to a varying DC.... by the time you do that, buying a different sound card will cause less consternation and expense.

Greg

Lots of tips and techniques on my site: www.elmassian.com contact me greg@elmassian.com