Author Topic: Can't unlink  (Read 5824 times)

mcbunton

• Fireman
Can't unlink
« on: July 20, 2024, 03:03:31 PM »
 Have an A & B unit, both powered, both in forward direction.

If I select either one, the link button appears, the unlink button does not.

When I select the link button on the A unit and then choose the B unit to link, I get the message "unit already linked".  Same thing if I go to the B unit, shows the A already linked.

But nothing ever shows the unlink button.

If I try to operate the A unit, it just drags the B unit, its not getting a signal?

Help please

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Can't unlink
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2024, 05:27:13 PM »
From the main page on the HC, select Tools, then select the "clear active locos list" button, and try linking again.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

mcbunton

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2024, 08:17:29 PM »
Tried that, still no go.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2024, 03:08:50 AM »
Is your HC up to date? There has been many HC updates in quick succession recently and because no changelog is provided (really Tim Ring, really?) who knows what each of them fixes.

Other than that if all up to date it sounds like the HC is confused and it might take a reset to fix it. I'm not sure if the modules keep a record of who they are MU'ed with.

- Tim

mcbunton

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2024, 06:07:47 AM »
Had 2 HC, sent them in because they didn't charge, one had a problem Ring said they had not seen, sent one back and I bought an HC3 sun.

The more I consider this, I want them linked since they are an A &B, the problem is they won't work as a consist.  They both work independently but not together.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2024, 09:06:25 AM »
Yes but is the firmware up to date? The latest for the HC-3 is 1.09 and for the HC-2 is 2.52 . Also worth checking the LM's are up to date as well.

Now, a question I thought of after I had previously answered; have you had them linked, either to each other or to other locomotives, previously? If you've had them linked together or either of them to a different locomotive previously and you didn't unlink them before removing the track power / turning off the HC it might be possible that caused problems; there was something similar in the past though the clear active loco list button was introduced to deal with that issue which you've done.

- Tim

mcbunton

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2024, 03:18:36 PM »
except for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all

New HC3, went to add a loco I didn't have on it, it has been searching for product for an hour and a half, and no button I push gets it to stop, plugged into charge, still searching.  Plugged into computer to see if that would stop it, Nope.  Still searching

HC2 have tried to update 3 times, it shows progress bar all done, computer shows files all 100%. but it still shows hardware 2.05 as it did before starting instead of the 2.52 upgrade.

mcbunton

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2024, 06:50:28 AM »
Update, let the HC3 search till it drained the battery, recharged and it's working fine.

The HC2 turned out to be a HC2b even though the label on it said nothing about b.  Ran the update for HC2b and now have version 2.52.

Back to the link problem now.

snowdog

• Fireman
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2024, 05:34:44 PM »
Try removing the offending locos from all of your HC's. Remove power from the locos for about 5 minutes. Add first loco to ONE (1) HC, once successfully found and setup, operate as a single unit for a short bit...5 minutes.  Add second loco and repeat. Then MU them, once successful, unlink and then repeat the process for the second HC.

Have fun!