Author Topic: RailPro Operation Weekend Invite  (Read 5680 times)

Lee Nicholas

• Fireman
    • Utah Colorado Western
RailPro Operation Weekend Invite
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:16:58 AM »
Hello to All
As I mentioned in an earlier post I am a new convert to RP (Jan of this year) and so far have 60 engines, 13 HC, 4 PWR 56 and 14 circuit breakers up and running. The end of April we hosted Pro Rail (a yearly ops event held in different  parts of the country) with 75 operators in attendance joining us for 3 days of operation on 5 local layouts here in northern Utah. It was a push to get RP up and running and with only 2 op sessions under my belt RP performed flawlessly for the 45 operators who attended sessions on my Utah Colorado Western.

I had many conversations with Tim Ring regarding changes to the HCs he might consider making to enhance performance of large users such as myself. I can report  he came through in flying colors and the new features are great improvements. I know he is working  on several more and will be releasing the upgrades to everyone in the near future. As posted earlier I had my son make custom lanyards and they proved invaluable for operation. 

At this point I would like to extend an invite for a crew of 16 to our first ever operations weekend dedicated to Rail Pro users.
It will be held on my layout the Utah Colorado Western in Corinne, Utah. It will be a 2 day event Friday and Sat Sept 15-16 2017 (subject to the response from this group). As mentioned it will be for Rail Pro users only and will give us a chance to meet, share ideas and have fun operating together. We might even get Mr. Ring to attend if his schedule will allow.

If you are interested please respond to me at leeucwrr@msn.com 
You can visit the UCW at www.ucwrr.com. I haven't updated the site in awhile and there have been a few changes to the layout.

I look forward to hearing from you and perhaps this will be the start of future Rail Pro events.

Lee Nicholas
Corinne, Utah

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: RailPro Operation Weekend Invite
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:10:54 PM »
Your layout is spectacular. A invitation to operate on it is very gracious of you. Unfortunately, Utah is a bit of a hike from here. I don't have the guts to try justifying the travel expense to my wife just so I can go play with trains. Pleased to hear RP is working so well for you.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

MustDecide

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 10:04:22 PM »
Is anyone aware of a RailPro based layout in the Minneapolis Minnesota area that would be willing to give a demo of RailPro in action? I really think it would add some coal to the engine and get me to buy RailPro right now. Assuming I do go with RailPro I would be willing to do demos to potential customers. Also are there any train shows in the Minneapolis area that would have a RailPro demo?

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 06:52:44 AM »
I'll be in Minneapolis on July 12 and 13, and would be glad to meet you and do a demo if you have not seen it by then.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 08:08:21 AM »
Lee, I think you have set a record for the fastest build-up of RailPro products. Your layout is awesome, and I too would love to operate on it if I were much closer, but your invitation is appreciated.

Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
Lee,

What an incredible layout and a generous invite. I will actually be down the road from you in Evanston, WY the weekend prior. While not an exclusive RailPro setup we do set up Free-mo modules in the former UP machine shop and several of us do use RailPro on top of the Digitrax DCC.

Your layout in incredible and I'd love to run my Rock Island Twin Star Rocket across such a beautifully done layout. I might actually be able to attend and will contact you off list.

Jacob Damron
Ft Worth, TX
Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society
www.TRMHS.org
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 02:03:20 AM »
It is a very generous invite indeed but unfortunately I won't be able to attend; 8,500 miles is not a short distance to cover. Perhaps if I started rowing now...

I would be interested to know what the enhancements are though, it's been all too quite on the RE What's New page for some time again.

- Tim

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »
Lee,

I, like Jacob, will be in Evanston the weekend prior for the Mountain States RPM.  I'm flying into Utah a day or so before and then driving out there.  I know I won't be able to do another flight out there the next week for an ops session.  But, if time allows, perhaps I can come by and see the layout while I'm in town?

I also travel to Utah once or twice a year to visit family, so that would be another opportunity to meet up and do some ops.  In any case it would be a really neat experience to go and see your layout in person.  Photos on a website are great, but nothing is as good as seeing it with one's own eyes. 

-Kevin

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »
Lee,

I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to come too.  I won't know until later in the summer if I can commit though.

Sounds like a week earlier might be better!?

- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Lee Nicholas

• Fireman
    • Utah Colorado Western
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
That's right you guys started the RPM meet last Sept. By the way that is the same weekend we have our semi annual Great Basin Getaway again in Northern Utah with 6 plus operating layouts. We've been hosting that for over 27 years.

How about we move the Rail Pro weekend forward one week and combine the events? Evanston to Corinne is about 90 miles.

Would that work better?
Lee

Lee Nicholas

• Fireman
    • Utah Colorado Western
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
Kevin... what part of Utah do you visit?
Lee

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »
That should work out for me.  I need to be sure I get the time off of work so I can head out there and have some time to visit the layout.

Lee, I have family that live in Orem, Lehi, and scattered throughout the valley.  I usually make it for a professional conference in August every year in Provo and visit them while I'm down there.

-Kevin

Lee Nicholas

• Fireman
    • Utah Colorado Western
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 01:36:37 PM »
Date Change.
I'm moving the date to Sept 8-9 2017. The Mountain States RPM meet will be held that same weekend in Evanston WY with a few Rail Pro users present and will give them a chance to meet and operate with us in Friday. Evanston is a mere 90 miles from Corinne.

Again if you're interested please contact me off line to markup.
leeucwrr@msn.com

Thanks
Lee Nicholas
Corinne Utah

drisdon

• Engineer
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »
I would love to come and even looked at flights and only $250 round trip.  I had previously not considered going to the Free-mo setup in Evanston due to it requiring a week vacation, but flying in for the weekend could work.  Unfortunately then I remembered my mother is visiting us that weekend so I definitely cannot come.  Maybe next year?

Dan Risdon

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 09:25:48 PM »
I would really like to come. It's just not possible.

Thanks for the invitation!

Dean
Dean